Let’s be honest, parenting is hard. Not like trying to finish an entire pizza by yourself kind of hard, but like real world kind of hard. Being in charge and caring for a tiny human comes with more challenges than you could ever have anticipated.
1. You will never be alone. Ever.
Sometimes it’s ok if you want to hide.
2. Small bouts of panic are completely normal as a parent.
Just remember to breathe.
3. Kids are expensive.
Just when you think you have enough diapers, you’re wrong.
4. Laundry will never be done.
Good luck trying to fold it all.
5. Your house will never be clean again.
Hate to break it to you.
6. At some point, you WILL have your adult juice secretly .
Shhhhh, it’s “healthy”…
7. Every time you leave the house it’s like you’re packing for a short vacation.
Diapers, toys, snacks, extra clothes… etc…etc…
8. There is no such thing as sleeping in on the weekends.
You will be tired for 18 years.
9. Kids get dirty. Like sooo dirty.
Keep wet wipes handy at all times.
10. You can no longer have nice things.
Kids are like tiny Godzillas crushing everything in their path.
11. You will have to rush to get things done during nap time.
They never sleep long enough.
12. They’re literally the best thing to ever happen to you.
At the end of the day, they make it all worth it.